Saturday, July 12, 2008

Love the one you're with......

I was curious to find out what the hype was all about with Emily Giffin's "Love the one you're with" and was utterly disappointed.....without going into the details of the book (I don't want to be the rain on a parade!), I thought that I could find answers in this book......I've always thought that when you are in a relationship with the right person, you shouldn't have to work hard at it....hahahahah i just woke up from a dream one day and realized that relationships whether it's with the right person or the wrong person, it will always be a work in progress...even with picture perfect relationships, things aren't always what they seem! I know of couples who have been together for a decade and have not moved to the next step in the relationship, engagement =p and have broken up =( One dude I know who went out with his girlfriend for 12 years, told me that although he was no longer feeling like she was the "one", he stayed with her because of the "history"...finally he decided to break up with her because he felt that they had "grown up" and were in different directions....this goes to show me that anything can happen in a relationship, ANYTHING! Which brings me to question whether you should love the one your're with......I really feel that you love the one you're with IF you've dealt with your feelings and are 100% into the relationship.....if you are thinking about past loves or current attractions then NO you shouldn't love the person you're with because you are married to that person.....lol....i know it seems like I am not making any sense...maybe i'm not.....but at this point in time, I feel like I make sense.....

No comments: